Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love This Thought

Lisa Amundsen, our stake R.S. Pres. sent me this quote and I loved it so much I wanted to share...

Elder Bruce R. McConkie has so eloquently taught us that service is essential to salvation. I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. Progress is not created by contented people. It is up to us, you and me, to be uncomfortable in complacency, to refrain from being spectators, and to be players in the game of life. The Lord has chosen His people to perform a mighty work. Our home teaching, our visiting teaching should be more than going; it should be doing with Christian love. It can be done; you can each do your portion of the work because you desire it. -- Russell C. Taylor, “The Joy of Service,” Ensign, Nov 1984, 23

No comments: