Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Waffle Recipe


I've had a few requests for this recipe--enjoy! I still have some syrup, orange butter and pecans left over from Octoberfest--so if any of your are interested in making this in the next few days, give me a call or leave a comment and I'll set some outside my door for you to come grab!

Pumpkin Waffles:

1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon baking soda

2 eggs, at room temperature

1 cup milk (I have substituted vanilla yogurt)

½ cup canned pumpkin

2 tablespoons melted butter (I have substituted olive oil)

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well to sift. Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Cook on a hot waffle iron until cooked. Makes about 5 8-inch round waffles (when I use yogurt and olive oil it only makes 4).

Nutmeg Syrup:

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon nutmeg

2 cups water

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

In large saucepan combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir. Add water and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and extract if desired. Serve warm.

Orange Butter:

½ cup butter, softened

¼ cup toasted nuts ( I used pecans and served them separate)

1 tablespoon grated orange zest

Combine softened butter with zest and nuts. Serve soft.

3 comments:

k e a l a said...

actually I changed my address

it's now http://jarvistakeutah.blogspot.com/

thanks!

Keala Jarvis

Krissa said...

these look amazing...i cant wait to try it! thanks for sharing!

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing. I am going to try to make this, it was awesome.